Job Description: Floater
Reports to: Area Managers, Area Assistants, Director of Operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize the client’s customized commercial cleaning specifications and data sheet to perform all tasks to the standards established by Populist Cleaning Co. in multiple open buildings.
Common tasks include:
- Dust furniture, equipment, partitions, walls, etc.
- Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, floors, toilet, mirrors, tables, chairs, refrigerators, microwaves, etc. in restrooms, break rooms and/or kitchenettes
- Replenish supplies in restrooms, break rooms and kitchen
- Sweep, mop, vacuum and/or hand scrub floors using brooms, mops, and vacuum cleaners
- Empty trash cans and recyclables into disposal areas
- Wipe down walls and woodwork, doors, wall hangings, baseboards, etc.
- Report to work wearing your Populist ID badge and clean, wrinkle free uniform (per company handbook). As necessary, report to the Populist office to pick up assignment sheet, building keys and data sheets for that night’s assignment.
- Represent the Populist Cleaning Co. brand and standard of professionalism in appearance, conduct, and quality of work.
- Clock in and out on a landline phone at each assigned building unless specifically directed otherwise, per the company handbook.
- Identify potential safety or maintenance issues on customer property and communicate them to a Populist Manager.
- Perform services to established standards and ensure the client’s facility is locked and secured when you finish and leave.
- Handle special requests for customers as requested by a Populist Manager.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures relating to performance of tasks, use of products or supplies and incident reporting.
- Be on call during assigned hours and take direction from Populist Management or other dispatcher as necessary, when buildings need to be serviced or troubleshooting in the field is required.
- Participate in any required training and professional development programs
Skills and Competencies
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and relay information between the team, customers, and office staff.
- Detail oriented – pays attention to details at each customer’s location, with extra attention to any special requests.
- Friendly and Professional – able to deal with customers when they are on-site while cleaning is being performed
- Team player – ability to work within a team where members depend on each other to get work done.
- Leadership-able to take charge and make decisions when needed
- Self-starter – able to identify work that needs to be done and do it without being instructed to do so.
- Desire to learn, seek new challenges and take on additional responsibilities
- Reasoning ability – Good common sense with ability to solve practical problems.
Education, Certifications and/or Experience
- High School Diploma desired
- Valid Driver’s License
- At least one year experience working for Populist Cleaning Co. with no work performance or attendance issues
- Physical demands include walking and standing, climbing, bending, kneeling to clean floors by hand, push and pull objects, lift and move objects (including 20 lb vacuum), repetitive bending and lifting, and repetitive arm movements. Must also be able to climb a ladder and operate machinery and equipment.
- Travel to / from customers business is required
- ID Badges, provided by Populist Cleaning Co, must be worn during work hours
- Uniform, provided by Populist Cleaning Co after deposit from employee, must be worn during work hours
- Field Leads may be required to be available for weekend on-call, with one guaranteed weekend off on a rotating basis
How We Will Measure Success
- Customer satisfaction levels based on customer feedback
- Customer retention
- Quality assurance scores based on manager inspections and feedback
- Periodic performance reviews
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, height, weight or any other legally protected classification.