Full-Time Employment: Day Cleaner
Populist Cleaning Co. is an independently owned, full-service commercial cleaning company is frequently looking to for exceptional people to join our team. As a member of this team, you will help to meet the specialty needs of our commercial customers, including all generally recognized commercial cleaning duties. Starting pay rate will be commensurate with experience within Populist Cleaning and/or in the cleaning and janitorial industry.
You will utilize the client’s customized commercial cleaning checklist and data sheet to perform all tasks to the standards established by Populist Cleaning Co.
Common tasks include:
- Dust furniture, equipment, partitions, walls, etc.
- Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, floors, toilet, mirrors, tables, chairs, refrigerators, microwaves, etc in restrooms, break rooms and/or kitchenettes
- Replenish supplies in restrooms, break rooms and kitchen
- Sweep, mop, vacuum and/or hand scrub floors using brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners
- Empty trash cans and recyclables into disposal areas
- Wipe down walls and woodwork, doors, wall hangings, baseboards, etc.
Skills and Competencies
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented – pays attention to details at each customer’s location, with extra attention to any special requests.
- Friendly and Professional – able to deal with customers when they are on-site while cleaning is being performed
- Team player – ability to work within a team where members depend on each other to get work done.
- Self starter – able to identify work that needs to be done and do it without being instructed to do so.
- Desire to learn, seek new challenges and take on additional responsibilities
- Reasoning ability. Good common sense with ability to solve practical problems.
- Impeccable service-willing to do the little extras that provide the WOW factor.
- Physical demands include walking and standing, climbing, bending, kneeling to clean floors by hand, push and pull objects, lift and move objects (including 20 lb vacuum), repetitive bending and lifting, and repetitive arm movements.
- Travel to / from customers business is required.
- ID Badges, provided by Populist Cleaning Co, must be worn during work hours
- Appropriate dress according to company standards per the Populist employee handbook.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
How to Apply
Download a printable Application for Employment
You may return your completed application by fax – 734 482 1801, email – email@example.com, or in person at our office.
Please see our Contact Page for the location of our office in downtown Ypsilanti.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, height, weight or any other legally protected classification.