Full-Time Employment: Special Projects Technician
Populist Cleaning Co is an independently owned, full-service commercial cleaning company looking to expand its exceptional Special Projects Team. As a member of this team, you will help to meet the specialty needs of our commercial customers, including carpet cleaning, hard floor maintenance, window cleaning, construction clean up, and more. Starting pay rate will be commensurate with experience within Populist Cleaning and/or in the field of carpet and hard floor care.
- High School Diploma or equivalent desired
- IICRC certification preferred. Required within one year of hire
- Minimum one year commercial carpet cleaning and hard floor care experience preferred (but not required)
- Possession of a valid Michigan Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and safe driving record
Our ideal candidate is experienced in the practices, material, documentation, methods and tools utilized in the carpet cleaning and floor care industry, including the ability to keep up to date on carpet cleaning techniques and preventive maintenance of carpet cleaning equipment. Our team members operate in a fleet, so the ability to operate vehicles in accordance with safety standards is imperative. Ability to interpret and respond to a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, sketch, or schedule form is crucial. Also required is the ability to work a flex schedule based upon company needs – hours will vary. Our team members must be creative thinkers who can solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
PERFORMANCE DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
- Perform carpet cleaning with truck mount and other carpet extraction equipment.
- Operate various types of equipment used for floor care maintenance such as automatic scrubbers, floor machines, wet/dry vacuums, sweepers, and pressure wash equipment
- Provide daily preventive equipment maintenance on all equipment used
- Assist with site preparation, including moving of furniture, etc. as necessary to facilitate assigned work
- Determine carpet condition and cause of soil/damage in order to properly treat carpet
- Determine and utilize proper and safe chemical solutions
- Strip, refinish, scrub and/or re-coat floors
- Responsible for inventory, ordering supplies and ensuring the use of chemicals and equipment is consistent with established safety standard
- Complete record keeping and reporting duties
Heavy Work: Requires lifting, holding, carrying, sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, repetitive push/pull movements, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and visual acuity. The worker is exposed to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be high at times. Deadlines and extended work hours do occur. Vehicle and shop safety is the highest priority.
You may return your completed application by fax – 734 482 1801, email – email@example.com, or in person at our office.
Please see our Contact Page for the location of our office in downtown Ypsilanti.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, religious belief, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.