Position Profile – Area Assistant
Area Assistant Role Requirements:
- Fulfill any open cleaning schedule because of being unassigned and/or absenteeism occurs
- Coverage Management
- Train newly hired and existing Populist Cleaning Co employees in accordance with all company and customer guidelines, processes, retraining, and continuation training
- Assist with the pick-up and delivery of supplies and equipment
- Assist with building inspections, including backchecking, quality and needs for improvement
- Complete special projects such as deep and detail cleaning.
- Assist with the implementation of various processes
- Assist with organizing in accordance to branch and operational compliance and standards
- Assist management with any other operational needs deemed necessary and in accordance with the role requirements
- Additional mandatory training sessions will be required and may include but are not limited to: Harassment Training, Conflict-Resolution Training, Equipment Training and Technical Training.
- Successfully complete “Training the Trainers”
- This training must be completed before Area Assistant can train employees
- Suggestions and/or concerns are always welcome. The Area Assistant must have a willingness to learn, develop professionally, have open and honest communication and lead by example and in accordance with Populist Cleaning Co’s mission, professional culture, core values, and standards.
- All aspects, duties and requirements of the Area Assistant position are subject to change at any time in efforts to accommodate and support the assigned building, company requirements and/or the customer’s needs and expectations.
- Additional terms of employment are subject to company employee handbook agreements and job description periodic assessments relating to work performance.
- Start date is to be determined based upon manager’s discretion.
- Start time is to be determined based upon manager’s discretion. However, start times are mandated on or before 7:00pm. Any start time after 7:00pm is considered late for a starting shift and could result in disciplinary action.
- 40 hours per week, straight time hourly rate
- Overtime will be paid at a rate of time and half
- 40 hours weekly is considered a baseline for your schedule and could fluctuate from shift to shift. Your hours could total over or below 40 hours.
- Your hours could fluctuate due to an operational emergency and/or unexpected occurrences and your assistance may be required even on or before your normal scheduled hours. Ultimately, your manager has final discretion as to how emergency building coverage is handled.
- Your manager has final discretion as it relates to any changes of your schedule. If you should have any concerns with your schedule, please always refer to your manager(s).
- A company vehicle will be provided for your use during company time after successful completion of 60 days of employment and upon final approval from the Populist Cleaning Company’s insurance provider. A valid driver’s license and driver’s record is required. You will still be required to provide your own transportation to and from the main reporting site in which you clock in to start your shift.
- Please note that until your 60-day successful completion of employment and the company vehicle is provided to you, you will receive $100.00 gas stipend per paycheck (subject to tax,) and $25.00 per paycheck toward cell phone reimbursement (not subject to tax.)
- Please note that the two stipends listed above are issued to Area Assistants with the agreement and requirement to uphold a flexible schedule according to operational needs. This includes but is not limited to driving to jobsites throughout Southeast Michigan and being available via text or direct calling during your shift. It is not acceptable to not respond.
- Paid mandatory trainings and meetings
- When eligible, 40 hours of sick time on behalf the Paid Medical Leave Act of Michigan (PMLA.)
- When eligible, vacation time after one year of employment
- When eligible, company 401K after one year of employment
- Six paid holidays per year (see handbook for specific holidays covered)
- All applicable expenses, taxes and insurances are to be paid by the Employer.
After 90 Day Probationary Period:
- The Area Assistant will be eligible for 40 hours of paid sick time per the PMLA of Michigan.
- The Area Assistant will be eligible for a pay increase of $0.50 per hour.
- The Area Assistant will be eligible for a $400.00 Attendance bonus if applicable, per the Populist Cleaning Company Guidelines.
- The Area Assistant will be eligible for company medical, dental and vision plans.
- This position requires uniforms. Populist will provide uniform shirts. A uniform deposit is required. Review the Uniform deposit agreement for details.